CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

KFC Coleslaw



I don't usually care for coleslaw, and I don't particularly care for KFC most of the time except for the Delicious coleslaw they serve there. Maybe it is because it reminds me of the coleslaw my grandmother use to make, or maybe its just because it is delicious! I have searched the internet for a KFC recipe and have found several different versions. I took the parts I thought looked good and came up with this recipe. It is very good and possibly even better than KFS's.

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk (you can make buttermilk by combining 1/4 cup milk and 1 teaspoon white vinegar and allow to stand for 2 minutes)
2 1/2 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 cups of finely shredded cabbage (about 1 head, I found that running it through the grater on the food processor worked best!)
1/4 cup shredded carrot (ditto on the food processor)
2 tablespoons minced onion (again, the food processor)

1. Be sure the cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice). If you use a food processor just use the grater attachment and process the cabbage, carrot and onion all at once.

2. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper in a large bowl and beat by hand until smooth.

3. Add the cabbage, carrots, and onion, mix well.

4. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

0 comments: